15 Tips For Eating Healthy During the Holiday’s
- Enjoy a warm broth based soup before the main entrée. This can help prevent you from overindulging.
- While enjoying conversations with loved ones, try to stay a few feet away from the appetizers. This helps prevent mindless munching.
- When you’re enjoying delicious holiday meals, slow down to enjoy every bite. Take in the smells, flavors and textures of course. This not only allows you to enjoy your food, but also decreases the amount you mindlessly consume.
- It’s Christmas shopping time! Before going to the mall try to eat a healthy snack to avoid a quick stop at the food court.
- Stay away from the color red. Studies have shown that red entices us to consume larger portions.
- Eat breakfast! This helps jump start the metabolism and helps you eat well balanced meals thoughout the day.
- When you are full yet tempted to eat more go brush your teeth, eat a breath mint, or gargle with mouthwash.
- Stay away from office snacks and desserts. Out of sight, out of mind.
- When enjoying your entrée and dessert try using a smaller plate. This helps decrease the size of your potions.
- Use tall skinny glasses instead of short round ones. According to studies, people tend to pour themselves more in a short round glass.
- Keep up with your exercise routine.
- Surround yourself with healthy eaters. You are less likely to indulge if your dinner party is enjoying a healthy meal.
- If you are going to splurge make sure it’s a good one. Don’t waste your splurge on something you can have all year round. If it’s going to add 10 extra minutes onto your gym routine make sure it’s worth it!
- If you have a favorite pair of pants, try them on once a week to make sure they still fit.
- Before you indulge, ask yourself if it’s worth it, if you are really hungry or just eating it because everyone else around you is.