8 Best Anti-inflammatory foods
1. Fish: Salmon, herring, black cod, and sardines are filled with omega-3s to help decrease inflammation. If you don’t enjoy salmon, try taking an omega-3 supplement with EPA and DHA (3 grams/day).
2. Healthy Fats: Extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, avocado, flaxseed, and nuts are great for inflammation, arthritis and the heart. Best way to incorporate extra virgin olive oil or canola oil into your daily meal is to add it to a homemade salad dressing. Can add flaxseed to your cereal or yogurt. Nuts are a wonderful mid-day snack option. Add fresh avocado to a salad or sandwich.
3. Vegetables: Incorporate dark green vegetables into your daily meals. They are rich in antioxidants and help prevent inflammation. You can make a vegetable stir-fry or a delicious green salad to ensure you are consuming enough vegetables.
4. Fruit: Berries, red grapes, peaches, oranges, nectarines, plums, cherries, pears, apples and pomegranates help improve your bodies health. You can make high-fiber blueberry muffins or enjoy a fruit salad with yogurt.
5. Spices: Tumeric and garlic help rid the body of pain. Try adding tumeric to spice up a curry dish. Garlic can be added to your homemade dressing or incorporate it into your vegetable stir-fry.
6. Green Tea: Filled with antioxidants to help with inflammation, cancer and aging. Make an effort to have one glass per day.
7. Sweet Potatoes: Try swapping normal white potatoes fries for some sweet potato fries. Taste even better and provides so many great benefits for your body.
8. Beans: Black beans, lentils, garbanzo beans are just a few beans that help improve your daily health. You can add these to a chili dish or blend them up for a hummus dish.
8 Worst Anti-inflammatory foods
1. Sugar: The best way to decrease your sugar intake is to avoid processed foods and substitute high calorie desserts for a delectable fruit salad.
2. Cooking Oils: Soy, corn, safflower, cottonseed and sunflower oils are made with ingredients that increase inflammation. Use extra virgin olive oil instead.
3. Trans Fats: Most often found in processed foods (anything in a box), fast food or foods that are made with hydrogenated oils (fried foods). Avoid these foods at all cost by enjoying fresh meals.
4. Dairy: Try to avoid dairy products as much as possible by using almond or soymilk instead. You can also replace dairy yogurt with coconut or rice yogurt.
5. Meat: Avoid eating meat that has been injected with hormones and ones that were not grass fed. The best alternative is organic meat.
6. Red Meat: Not the best thing to be putting into our bodies. Make a conscious effort to consume more poultry and fish and only have red meat once in a while.
7. Alcohol: Enjoy a glass once in awhile on a special occasion.
8. Refined Grains: Basically, you should try to avoid all white foods. There is no added health benefit and they are just empty calories. Purchase wheat products that contain fiber instead.